Unlike most people, I love Mondays. Why? Because it’s a fresh start to a new week, a week that has yet to unfold and is full of possibility. Maybe this will be the week that I score some “me” time to take that pole-dancing class I’ve been eyeing or I tick off that major work project that I’ve been dreading.
I also love the first year on a new job and there’s nothing more refreshing to me than a blank piece of paper to write my to-do list. I’m all about new beginnings and that’s why I am the perpetual optimistic when it comes to New Year’s resolutions.
Last year my New Year’s resolution was what I termed a “champagne agenda.”Basically, I set out to celebrate my accomplishments – whether it was big, like getting a raise, or small, like making it through an especially trying week – with a glass of bubbly on a regular basis.
The secret to accomplishing New Year’s resolutions is making them fun. I haven’t set my 2012 resolutions in stone yet, but they might be something along the lines of:
- Wear more dresses
- Ask Nate Berkus to redecorate my paper-piled office (please Nate, please????)
- Learn to cook Mediterranean food
- Introduce my kids to the beach – hopefully that will be on a California vacay, but if not, make it happen on the shores of Lake Michigan
- Eat healthy chocolate (get recipes on my guest post, “Now You Can Eat Chocolate and Keep Your Resolutions!”)
- Get personally trained by Jillian Michaels vis-à-vis i-fit technology on my new treadmill
See, fun stuff, right? What are your 2012 resolutions?