I imagined a slower-paced life where clean laundry would make its way into drawers and closets and not languish in the basket. I envisioned a daily agenda consisting of arts and crafts, healthy snacks, and unhurried shopping trips.
But lately I’ve come to realize that being a working mom has a few benefits of its own. Here are 10 reasons why I appreciate my workplace:
1. My co-workers don’t follow me into the bathroom stall demanding that I read them a book or put a dress on their dolly.
2. I can actually drink a cup of coffee, from start to finish, without having to reheat it five times.
3. My co-workers don’t suddenly show up in my office stark naked and ready to do gymnastics.
4. When I put food in the kitchen, co-workers never ask, “What’s in it?” or whine “I want something else.” They just eat it.
5. When I offer my co-workers an explanation, they generally stop asking “why?”
6. My co-workers may roll their eyes at me or call me a “poopy butt,” but at least it’s behind my back.
7. No one loudly yells, “I’m DONE!” and expects that I’ll come running to wipe their booties. At least, not literally.
8. In meetings, co-workers don’t clamber into my lap and scribble all over my important notes.
9. When I say, “I can’t do that today,” my boss doesn’t scream, cry and then collapse into her folded arms.
10. I get breaks.Pin It