Ten long fingers, ten long toes and one adorable face makes it easy to see why every mom goes bananas over her new baby we get cloth, toys and even accessories from any jewelry store near you for our baby. I say, go with your primal urges and pick up a few of my swingy favorites.
1. Monkey themed nurseries and gear abound, but I’m ape over the beachy keen twist in Carter’s Laguna Monkey bedding set. Vivid colors, sea life and a surfing monkey give a nursery a sunny vibe. The four-piece set includes a quilt, fitted sheet, crib skirt and diaper stacker. $159.99.
2. Baby feet are so adorable it’s usually a crime to cover them up, but not when you slip on these surfing monkey slippers. Let your laidback dude chill in canvas baby shoes with non-slip bottoms from Me-In-Mind. Newborn and small sizes available.
3. Okay, I know your baby won’t care about the time (hello 2 a.m. feedings!). But, with this nightlight clock from Baby Zoo you can easily tell the time to log midnight feedings. Later, program the clock to signal your toddler when it’s time to get up – the eyes close overnight and open in the morning. $39.99
4. No one will be able to resist snuggling your little one when he’s wearing this personalized, all-cotton onesie, available in long or short sleeves, from Etsy. $18
5. For the times when your precious isn’t being perfect, this multi-tasking toy from WubbaNub will help soothe him. He can suck the BPA and phalate-free pacifier and clutch the plush monkey. The perfect combo for wee ones! $14.95
6. Snuggly soft and great for tummy time, the Bestever Baby Mat is 31 inches of cush. Even Better? It’s machine washable and easily rolled up. $44.99