When you’re frustrated that your feet are so swollen they can’t fit into your regular shoes anymore, or you’ve got a major case of nausea, sciatica pain or hemorrhoids, it’s hard to imagine there’s anything you’re going to miss about being pregnant. And while I know there are some women who have terrible pregnancies, for most of us, the discomfort comes and goes but really wonderful things happen along the way, too.
Things you probably haven’t appreciated, but should. Because pregnancy goes by so fast (just like childhood!) and before you know it, you’ll be contemplating vasectomies and closing the door on your childbearing years.
So, when you’re feeling like you can’t handle one more day of constant peeing or your back aching or your husband having no clue what you’re really going through, read through this list to remember all the benefits of being pregnant – from the simple to miraculous:
- Elastic waistbands
- Getting your doctor’s full attention for longer than five minutes
- Watching the shrimp inside you grow a face and legs
- An extra 300-calorie snack every day
- Having a good reason to not cook dinner for three months postpartum
- Hearing everyone’s dramatic labor stories (even the horror ones!)
- Having a good excuse to redecorate an entire room
- Loading up on free magazines at your OBGYN’s office
- Seeing your baby move across your belly like a shark cutting its way through the Pacific
- A sense of pending adventure
P.S. Want to make life with a newborn easier? What about labor and delivery? Girl, I got your back! Just grab my free (and printable) Due Date Checklist to find out what you need to do during the third trimester to be fully prepared.