Poopsplosions are the worst. Those outfit-ruiners require some serious, HAZMAT-level cleanup. That potent poopy can get everywhere if you’re not careful, like all over your changing table.
Instead of having to swap out the changing table cover and pad (and do more laundry!) every other day, try this quick solution:
- Keep a stack of cloth diapers next to the changing table.
- Lay one cloth diaper out on top of the changing table cover.
- Position your baby’s booty over the cloth diaper during changes.
- If anything rubs off on the cloth diaper, toss it in the hamper.
- Lay a fresh cloth diaper on the changing table so it’s ready for next time.
Voila! You have a simple way to keep your diaper station clean without having to struggle with getting the changing pad cover on and off. Not to mention anxiously waiting for it to wash and dry. And anything, anything, that makes poopy diapers easier to handle is a major win.
Want more quick tips? Check out how to keep your baby warm without overheating (tough to do in spring and fall!), how to deal with sore nipples from breastfeeding and how to get your baby to sleep more (a must-read for every parent).